Sunday, May 31, 2015
This weekend has caused me to reflect on my life and how I feel about it, so bear with me while I ramble on a bit. I attended a women’s retreat, the 100th anniversary of the CGIT (Canadian Girls in Training), a group which I belonged to in my teen years at my church.
I was physically there at the retreat, meeting people and participating in the activities, yet somehow I did not feel like I was a part of ‘them’. I felt like I was on the peripheral, on the outside looking in, and very much alone in a crowded room.
And lately I feel this same way in a variety of different situations, in groups and activities that were once a major part of my life. I’m not sure why I cannot shake these perceptions, as I’m certain that these thoughts and ideas are in my head only.
I seem to be accepted and welcomed most places. I’m not shy about talking to people or participating as I am able. But that lingering feeling of being alone and disconnected continues to separate me from the rest. And I’m not sure how to change that.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
1. Take other people's thoughts and concerns into consideration.
2. Don't spend all your time trying to please others.
3. If you have a dream, go after it.
4. Don't get discouraged and give up when you are so close to the end.
5. Never settle for second best.
6. Pay attention to the people who mean the most to you.
7. Take care of your body, live healthy.
8. Stop every once in awhile to sit and enjoy the journey.
9. Open your mind up to new possibilities.
10. Don't dwell on the past, it's gone, move forward.
11. Learn to laugh at yourself.
12. Seek happiness, don't keep chasing the elusive dollar.
13. Be open to love, you are worth it.
14. Don't stay in a relationship that has been over for some time.
15. Be brave, trust yourself and your decisions.
16. Remember that something good comes from every bad situation.
17. Let go of the small things that go wrong, focus on the important things that are going right.
18. Be honest all the time with yourself and with others.
19. Appreciate all that you have been blessed with.
20. Believe in yourself.
Just some random thoughts on a Sunday afternoon. If you have other tips to a better life and a better you, please share them in the comment section. Thanks.