Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Inspired Action

I never turn the radio on in my car anymore.  Instead, I listen to audio books, mostly self-help, success and inspirational works.  This week, I'm listening to 'The Attractor Factor' by Joe Vitale for the umpteenth time but it's one of those books that you gleen something new from each time so well worth listening to again.

On my way to work today, the author was talking about taking inspired action whenver to get that inner nudge to do something.  Do it now, don't wait, he says.  You never know what opportunity awaits if you do.

It then occurred to me that I'd done that very thing last night.  I'd taken inspired action.  My brother had a doctor's appointment and I had time to kill while I waited for him to get his prescription filled at the pharmacy.

I walked down to the bank to get some cash and on my way back noticed a new shop in the plaza selling 'fashion jewelry'.  I peered in the window and saw a large selection of inexpensive, gawdy looking costume jewelry, probably imported from China.  Nothing of interest to me in there, right?

But something told me to go in and look anyway, so I did.  I saw pretty much what I expected at the front of the store.  As I wandered to the back, however, I noticed that they also sell strands of beads for jewelry makers.

Lo & behold, what did I find?  Small Mother of Pearl disc beads about 1/4" in diameter, the perfect size to be the 'moon' for the small Tree of Life pendants I make.  I've looked for that size everywhere.  I'd given up ever finding them.  I'm so glad that I took the inspired action when I received that unexpected internal nudge to go into that shop.

And, wait a minute...I did it again.  When I arrived at work this morning, I followed the internal nudge to get down on paper the rough draft of this blog post so I could share my newfound wisdom with all of you.  Another inspired action!  Proof that you should listen to the small voice inside of you when it speaks.  Wonderful things can happen and opportunities can open up for you that would not otherwise.  Do it....do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment