Monday, December 19, 2011

The Year in Review

As the year winds down, many of us take time to evaluate our wins & losses in the previous twelve months.  Planning and goal setting are two ongoing challenges we all struggle with.

Try a little exercise with me to reveal how effective your planning and execution was this year, in preparation for the year to come.  Hopefully, this will help us all make the best possible choices for 2012.

Answer the following questions for yourself:

1.  What are the successes I are most proud of?
2.  What have I done to celebrate these successes?
3.  Who were the people I surrounded myself with & how have they added value to my life?
4.  Who did I meet this year that has positively impacted me in some way?
5.  What goals that are important to me did I not reach & why?
6.  Using the development opportunities available to me, how have I applied what I learned?
7.  What books & articles did I read and what did I do with that information?
8.  Who did I take the time to develop/coach and how have they benefitted from my help?
9.  What actions have I taken to better my life in some way?
10.  What strengths do I possess that I can use at a higher level next year?
11.  What do I hope to accomplish in the next twelve months?
12.  What obstacles must I work through so that I can reach my goals in 2012?


Once you have your answers down on paper, you can set yourself up for a more productive, healthy & happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment