Wednesday, July 4, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Hop

Please excuse my absence last month.  We had events EVERY week.  So, when I wasn't preparing for one, I was at one!  I'll tell you all about it later.

Right now, I wanted to talk about the 6th Bead Soup Blog Hop.  I wasn't at home, or even have access to a computer when the sign up days were and was not certain that I'd get in.  But via private e-mail with the organizer during a brief stay at home, I got myself in under the wire.  Thanks, Lori.




There are so many people participating this time (400 in total), that there are three separate reveal dates planned.  You have to admit that having 399 blogs to hop at one time would have been a bit much for any of us.


The luck of the draw partnered me with Fay Wolfenden, same as last time.  Rather than make things more difficult for Lori to sort out, we agreed that we are okay with being partners again.  We had fun together before, challenged each other and ourselves, so all is good.


I made my first asymmetrical piece and Fay created a design with a technique she doesn't often do, bead stringing.  Here's what we created last time....


Here is what Fay made with the bead soup I sent to her.


This what I made with the bead soup that Fay sent to me.


We will be sending our bead soups out to each other next week.  Our reveal date is August 25th, so we will have plenty of time to design and create with them.  See the link below for a list of all the participants with links to their blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it - I know you'll have fun again! And please *do* tell us about your month :)

    ReplyDelete