Saturday, May 4, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week 18



"Take this week and step out of reality and change your view of things! You can have a lot of fun editing in one of the photo editor programs. Play with light, focal blur, liquify, sharpen lines, add color or take it away! You are working in the abstract, HAVE FUN!!!"

That is exactly what I did! I had fun pinching, swirling, inverting, zig zagging, polarizing, dithering, saturating and pixelizing to create the following works of art, suitably framed for presentation.










I used some of the various filters in Photoshop and also a free online photo editor. In case you are wondering what the original photo looks like, here it is...



Yes, folks...all those abstract pictures were created from the same photo! 

16 comments:

  1. The first picture is recognizable... the next three could be anything! YOu had fun .. what phot software did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooooo clever! love what you did with your pansy photo, esp. :) great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone had a blast using all the filters on Photoshop! A purest might say its cheating, but I say, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos. I love the wonderful colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dithering?
    I thought that is what I did when I did not know what to do with photo challenges.
    heh

    Fantastic effects there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's just too cool!! All of those from the same pic - I need to play more w/my ps elements and with pixlr I think! Awesome abstracts - I think the last one (before the actual shot) is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's crazy that those all came from the same photo! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are wonderful. I love all the effects. The fourth one looks like a watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie you did a wonderful job playing with effects. I would not have guessed what you started with if you hadn't shown the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting! I did not play with my program enough, obviously- can't believe it's all from the same picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You created some amazing abstract photos! I kind of thought the first one was pansies but wasn't sure about the rest. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! I would have never guessed these were the same photo. All your effects give each photo their own appeal and personality. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I like the swirly one the best. It reminds me of the shapes you'd get with sparklers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool! I liked playing with the editing tools that I don't normally use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cool effects! And Pansies are my favorite flower. I hope it warms up soon here so I can get some for my pots! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete