Monday, October 7, 2013

Lampwork and Clay Blog Hop

I recently signed up for this blog hop hosted by Pine Ridge Treasures. Each participant received a kit in the medium of their choice - lampwork or clay. The kits contain a focal bead, a pendant, smaller beads or a combination thereof. Participants are encouraged to use as many of the beads in the kit as they can, along with beads and components from their stash.

My kit consists of a lampwork focal bead and 12 smaller matching beads by SheriBeads. Here they are with the colour palette that I created for them.


I'm going to attempt something different with my creation for the blog hop, taking my inspiration from the showpieces of Phaedra Torres. She works in mixed media, utilizing found objects and a free-form design style that appeals to me. This will be quite a challenge for me. We'll see how successful I am at it. *smile*

Created by Phaedra Torres

The first bead from my stash that I've pulled out to use for this design is a lampwork goddess bead created by my friend, Louise Ingram. The purples are more similar than these photos and colour palettes would suggest. I like the fact that I will be able to pull out some green for a pop of colour.


This week I will be searching through the rest of my bead stash for other co-ordinating pieces and start laying out everything in my bead board. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I like the direction you are going in, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beads to work with, how could you go wrong Bonnie! Have fun creating.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really lovely palette you've got to work with. I'm sure you're going to know this out of the park and I can't wait to see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the beads you have to create with! But that's hardly a surprise I bet!

    ReplyDelete