Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mixed Media Weekend Project

I am continually watching YouTube videos for artistic inspiration. I got the spark last week from this video by Shira Manor on a technique for creating mixed media ATCs. I did not have all the same products and materials that she used but, as always, I worked with what I have, including drywall tape, modeling paste, embossing powders, old book text, acrylic paint and washi tape. The base is 100 lb. watercolour paper.


Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
Two of the ATC size cards had to be sacrificed in the name of art. I needed to cut them down for some of the bits and pieces used for the layered clusters on the seven completed cards. I added Tim Holtz metal gears and simple two word phrases to finish them off.









A couple have already been traded or gifted to others. And I had so much fun making this set, that I made another similar set on the weekend too! It was a great way to spend a long weekend.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. I'd never done anything quite like this before.

      Delete
  2. awesome ATCs Bonnie, they are great! I loved making mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you had fun making yours too, Dar.

      Delete
  3. I sure did. I am looking forward to another challenge to work on along with you in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how they turned out. Quite different than your normal style but you made it yours. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really lovely. I'm going to have to check out that inspirational video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. My creativity has been lost lately but seeing these beautiful pieces has given me inspiration. Thanks For sharing Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete