Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reading Blogs: My Cup Runneth Over

Everybody and their uncle (aunt, cousin, sister, etc.) has a blog these days. Google Reader, when it's working the way it's supposed to, helps you keep track of those you find the most interesting and that you want to 'Follow'.  Your entire life, every waking moment, could be consumed reading them and you would still only have scratched the surface of what is out there.

From time to time, a friend will send me an interesting post from a blog they are reading, and I will add the blog to my reading list. More often than not, the original post that caught my attention is the only thing ever posted that I would want to read there.  So, the blog gets removed from my reading list as quickly as it was added.

Every once in awhile, a special blog comes along though and that is what I want to share with you today.  Lori Anderson makes and sells 'Pretty Things', aka jewelry, because she believes that 'life should be full of beautiful experiences and pretty things'.  I found Lori's blog via another blog that I'm subscribed to.  Her posts are always entertaining, sometimes thought provoking, full of wonderful ideas & informative tidbits.


Lori suffers from frequent migraines and I really like her newest pain management technicque.  Pink hair.  Yes, that's right folks, pink hair.  On a particularly bad day, when the pain level was really high and she was feeling lousy, she went to the salon for her standard hair appointment.  On a whim, she asked the stylist to put a bit of pink on the tips of her hair.  And you know what?  It bolstered her mood and gave her the strength to keep rockin' in spite of the pain.

I wonder if purple hair would work the same for me?  Yeah, purple hair to match my new purple glasses.  Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment