Wednesday, April 30, 2014

De-Clutter Project: Week 18

I'll be honest with you here...there has not been a lot accomplished this week. I think I really needed a break after the tremendous amount of work it took to clean up after the flood in my house. I was burned out.

The good news is that I seem to have my creative mojo back! I've felt unmotivated and uninspired for so long but it finally seems to have come back. Just in time to gear up for the vending season. *smile*

Over the weekend, I pushed myself tirelessly to make two pieces for the Bead Soup Blog Party scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd. There were several moments of utter frustration when things were not working out as I wanted. After all that, I found out today that the reveal has been postponed for one week. I may actually have time to design a third piece with some of the left over components.

I also made some paper beads and created a necklace with co-ordinating glass beads on Sunday. The paper beads are made from magazine pages and advertising flyers that would otherwise go into the recycling bin. I really like how this necklace turned out. The paper bead project continues.

Paper crafts in general have interested me for some time. I finally took the plunge and made my first hand-made greeting card. I'm fairly pleased with the results. For a first attempt, it's not bad. It's a learning process, I know, and I did make a few mistakes that will be corrected next time. For starters, I think that I was a little over generous with the craft glue and it oozed out onto the face of the card.


I will have to get back to the de-cluttering project in the coming week. There are still bags and boxes of stuff that need to be sorted, then put away or disposed of. A lot of stuff was damaged and will be taken to the dump. There is quite a bit that will be heading out the door to Goodwill too.

What area do you intend to tackle this week? What do you think you will find? More importantly, what will you do with it?


2 comments:

  1. I love those paper beads Bonnie, that's something I've wanted to try for a while. One day!
    I'm not surprised you're worn out. A bit of time for yourself is long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously your muse enjoys the clutter and went on strike because you were clearing out her pretties.,

    ReplyDelete