Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Creating Outside the Box

Last year, I was introduced to the concept of mixed-media jewelry in a book I purchased.  It contained basic tutorials to a selection of interesting and experimental techniques & materials for creating unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry. 

There is something about pushing the boundaries of traditional methods of jewelry making that really appeals to me.  The work of one of the artists featured in the book especially captures my attention & imagination. 

I discovered her Etsy shop this week.  Her pieces are fun, whimsical, free-form works of art.  I aspire to create such pieces one day.  Maybe it's time to flex my creative muscles and explore the possibilities of crafting using non-traditional methods & materials.

To check out all of her work on Etsy, click here.  Her shop name is lluviadesigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment