Sunday, June 12, 2011

Handmade Glass Beads by Louise Ingram

I originally connected with Louise on Etsy.  I fell in love with and purchased a goddess bead she had created.  I was so impressed with the bead I received that I asked her about purchasing a bulk lot of them to sell at events.  I've been showcasing these beauties for her since 2009.


Each goddess bead is a miniature work of art.  Her work is absolutely amazing!  It's hard to believe that Louise has only been lampworking (making glass beads) since 2006.  She is primarily self-taught through online tutorials and books, although she did take a couple of classes last year to learn some new techniques. 


In June of 2010 three of her Space Monkey beads headed into orbit on the Space Shuttle Atlantis as part of a special project initiated by Beads of Courage.  Sam Supernova, Mike Mercury and Ray Gamma were honoured to be a part of Beads in Space

You can see of more of Louise's incredible work on her website or in her Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment