Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Colour & Design Idea Book


I carry a small notebook with me wherever I go.  You never know when something will come along to inspire a jewelry design.  If you don't have a way to record those snippets of inspiration, they will be gone forever.  At least, that's how it is with me.



There are advantages to carrying a notebook with you.  When you see a design idea that you would like to remember, to incorporate some elements in  future creations, you can instantly record it.  Or if you come across a photo in a magazine with a colour palette you like, you can cut it out and glue it into your colour & design idea book.



I take mine to the bead store when I go to select components for a new piece.  It would be very difficult to match the colours I have in mind without them in front of me to compare to.  I find it to be a very beneficial tool.

Aside from that, my memory isn't what it used to be.  You know what I mean?  If I don't write it down, record it in some way, I forget it.  *smile*  One of the 'benefits' of getting older, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I carry one too, Bonnie - need to start using it a bit more :) Great idea - I like your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sketches are very crude but they convey the basic idea at least. *smile*

      Delete