Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Midnight Inspiration

It happens to me all the time. I bet it happens to you too. I wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea, thought or memory. And I know that I want to retain it to act upon it the next day but I don’t feel like getting out of bed to write it down.

It’s the only way that I will remember it, that much is certain. Chances are strong that if I don’t record it, it will be gone in the morning. I know this because it has happened so many times before.

So, in order to hold onto those midnight inspirations, I’ve started to keep a notebook and pencil on the dresser beside my bed. All I have to do is reach over and grab them, along with the small flashlight there to help me SEE what I’m writing.

I write some of my best blog posts from these inspirations captured in the dead of night. I never dismiss or ignore them anymore. It only takes a moment or two to jot down the essence of the idea, just enough to expand on the next day.

Do you do this too?

1 comment:

  1. I add those late night thought to the memos in my phone. I used to try the paper & pencil route but the dogs kept stealing the pencils.

    ReplyDelete