Tuesday, February 14, 2017

More YouTube Favourites

I keep finding more fabulous YouTube channels! I could spend hours watching videos but I've had to limit my viewing time or I would never get anything else done. I swear, I think that I'm addicted!

4"X 4" canvas by Shel C
My newest discovery is Shel C - PaperOcotilloStudio. I am loving a lot of her process videos. She creates art journal pages, mixed media canvass art, altered tags and more. She is also one of the owners of the Facebook page, 'Pick A Stick Challenge'. It is a group for art journalers with a monthly challenge designed to stretch your creative comfort zone by giving you 10 steps to follow, randomly chosen at the beginning of each month. Artists can interpret them any way they like but you must follow the steps in the order listed. I have not yet been brave enough to attempt one of the challenges.

Bea Grob
Of course, I'm following Bea Grob and have joined in on her weekly Heart Art Challenge. There is a companion Facebook group also, FaceTheScraps, where you can see what others are doing for the challenge. We are on Week 7 now, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Nicoletta Zanella
Another recent addition to my subscription list is Nicoletta Zanella - Inspired by My Art. Her art journal pages and tags have really provided me with a lot of inspiration for future projects. She does some guest posts for various blogs, like this one for Faber-Castell and you can see more of her work on Flickr.

Every night, before I turn out the light, I am watching YouTube videos on my tablet. The one thing that I have to be careful about is that I don't end up spending more time watching videos than I do creating art. And I have to get some sleep too.

4 comments:

  1. Looking at other artists work can be addicting. I know at times I have to stop and just start creating! Inspiration is awesome and I can't wait to see how they influence your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have more ideas in my head than time and materials to execute them. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am certain that I commented on this one. So strange, oh well, I can't remember what I said, but I know one thing for sure if I didn't have the internet, I may as well say good bye to crafting as I get ALL of my ideas from google, and watching you tube videos! So I definitely know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much information out there, it is hard to keep up. But I have learned so much and gone in directions that I may never have thought of on my own.

      Delete