Welcome to my personal reflections on life, love and the world around me. Be prepared for a variety of topics; crafts and recipes, self-improvement initiatives, quirks and quotes, and other tidbits of interest that come into my view. The journey begins...walk with me.
Tuesday, September 29, 2026
The Richmond Hill Historical Society
Over the summer, I decided that I needed to get myself ‘out’ more. Lately, it’s pretty much been work, home and shopping. I need more social contact. So, I joined the Richmond Hill Historical Society…sent in my registration in August.
The first meeting I attended was this month. Normally, the meetings take place at the Central Library but there are some renovations going on there right now. This time it was at the Elgin Barrow Arena. Of course, there were no close parking spots, and I don’t move fast and it was raining. I was a bit damp but I finally got to the meeting room.
The presentation, featuring member Bob Blanchard, was called “The Demise of a Village Culture.” It was a very interesting history of the businesses that have come and gone on Yonge Street over the years. It was a great trip down memory lane. I’m looking forward to the next meeting, hopefully at the library. It is much more accessible than the arena was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment