Friday, February 18, 2011

Three Keys to Success

There are three important keys to success...

1. Being in the right place at the right time.
2. Recognizing that you are there.
3. Taking the action you are inspired to.

Let me illustrate with an example from my own life. 

Two years ago, we were at a week long, outdoor event close to Ottawa.  It was the first time we'd ever attended this particular event, and because we were late arriving, our vending booth was set up way in the back away from the main traffic flow.  We were not particularly busy and had time on our hands.  Luckily, we always bring projects to work on for just such occasions.

I'd had this idea percolating in my head for awhile...to make Tree of Life pendants...and had brought all the necessary supplies to put a few of them together if I had the time & the inspiration.  It turns out that I had plenty of both.  I was quite impressed with how well the first one turned out and promptly put it in a display box & into the jewelry case on the table.

The very next person who walked by, saw it, loved it and purchased it!  And before I had time to complete the second one, someone else rushed up and asked us if we were the ones selling the handmade Tree of Life pendants.  Her friend had purchased the first one and she had hurried over to get one too. 


Unfortunately, I'd only taken enough supplies to make seven trees.  I could have sold twice that many, or more.  The design has evolved since those original trees, but the Tree of Life pendants are still one of my best sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment