Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last Chance to Get 2010 Pricing

I work at a shipping supplies company and for the past six weeks, every single day, I've had to explain to customers why their prices for the same products are increasing.  Nobody wants to have to pay more for what they purchase.  I don't blame them, neither do I.  But we have received so many increase notice letters from our suppliers lately that I can't keep track of them all.  They arrive every day on the fax machine or by e-mail.  And the reason is always the same, 'due to the increased cost of raw materials' they must increase our cost, and we in turn, must raise customer prices.  That's the reality of it.

Unfortunately, I have to extend that same policy to many of the product lines that Jasper Moon carries.  So here I go, one more time....due to the increased cost of raw materials, some prices will have to increase in 2011.  I don't have a choice, I have to do it.  The remainder of my 2010 stock of cloak clasps will be selling for the same price of $20.00 per set for the month of March 2011.  As of April 1st, the price will raise to $25.00 per set.  Minimum wholesale quantity will change from 6 to 12, your choice of designs.

Speaking about designs, there will be four new designs availabe in April.  See teaser photo below....


The Celtic cross will be available with or without an acrylic gem in the centre.  I love the new Tree of Life design!  The round Celtic knot and the dragon clasps should be very popular too.  Several of the original designs from last year will still be available. Some designs are being retired to make room for the cool new ones.

Having to raise prices isn't something that any of us 'want', neither me as a vendor or you as a customer, but I hope all the fabulous new products that I will be bringing to you this year will more than make up for the increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment