Saturday, November 9, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week 45


Industrial Photography
Most industrial landscapes are not designed to be cute, fashionable or charming but entirely functional.

Such is the case with my place of employment, a shipping supplies company. We sell bubble wrap, tape and boxes, as well as, janitorial products and more. Nothing glamorous or exciting but certainly all these things are important for the day to day operation of many other businesses. We provide a vital service to our customers.


All looks quiet and peaceful after the warehouse staff have gone home for the day and the main lights are turned off. They keep the place well maintained and tidy, don't they? It's the neatest warehouse I've ever seen and I've been in a few over the years.


To see the industrial photographs of the other participants, you can check out the links below...

13 comments:

  1. I like the picture of all the cardboard boxes lines up on the orange shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat I'm sure it helps to find things! The red steel adds a nice splash of colour to what otherwise could be a very boring warehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I enjoyed reading and seeing about where you work. I also work at a warehouse but didn't even think about getting photos there (beats head on table)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a customer service rep in the front office and the idea to take pictures in our warehouse came to me at the last minute.

      Delete
  4. Thanx for showing us your work environment. You are right it is really clean for a warehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People need what you sell and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in the consumables business keeps them coming back, for sure. They always need the important things like toilet paper and paper towels. *smile*

      Delete
  6. Neat and orderly....my polar opposite. A soothing place to work, in a way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots Bonnie. I do like how it's all neat and orderly. It also looks like shots from the beginning scenes to some scary movie,....You know, when the people are in a place they shouldn't be and out come the Zombies or the scary dude lurking in the dark! LOL!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes very organized! I missed the tour of our company's warehouse last year. I work remotely. I heard from other colleagues that it was quite the tour, I wonder if they will do it again this January... I'm sure I'm on a list somewhere to go

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man you aren't kidding...I have been in a few myself...that is the cleanest I have ever seen....and orderly....I bet it cuts down on hunting for something...great pictures...love them. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing a storage area so neat and organized! Wish I could say the same of my areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a tidy warehouse! Way better than ours!

    ReplyDelete