Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lampwork and Clay Blog Hop - Reveal Day

You may recall my post last month about the Lampwork and Clay Blog Hop that I signed up for. At that time, I showed you the beads by SheriBeads that I received to design with.

SheriBeads

I immediately pulled out a lovely goddess bead made by my friend, Louise, of FireSeed to go along with the others.

FireSeed

I set a lofty goal for myself...to create a piece in the style of Phaedra Torres that she refers to as 'unwearable jewelry'. See an example of her work below...

Designed By Phaedra Torres

She works in mixed media, utilizing found objects and a free-form design style that appeals to me.

Well, I'm not sure if I failed or succeeded in my attempt. My finished piece is almost so unwearable that I might actually wear it...or maybe not. I haven't quite decided yet. What do you think?


To check out the creations of the other participants, click on the links below...

Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist

Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
Annette Rivers, MamaOwl's Mess
Shaiha Williams,   Shaiha's Ramblings
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Lori Jean Poppe, Lorillijean Creative Corner
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Leah Mifflin Tees, My Beady Little Eyes
Terri Wlaschin, Dances in Fog
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson, Sharyl's Jewelry
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Linda Aspenson Bergstrom, TBD
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Judy Turner, Silver Rains
Gloria Allen, Gloria Allen Designs
Kathleen Douglas, Washoe Kat's
Connie Tipton, TBD
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations
Michele Dotson, Star Jewels
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware
Jennifer Clifford, TBD
Kathleen Breeding, 99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyns Creations
Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread
Bonnie Coursolle, Jasper's Gems
Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles

11 comments:

  1. I think you succeeded! And, you can still wear it! :) Great job following your vision Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun design. I think it's unwearable enough for you to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great concept. And that goddess bead is amazing. I think it's fit for a goddess to un-wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it, Bonnie! Just unwearable enough to be wearable, if you know what I mean. :-) Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would wear it! I really love how it came together.....thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love how you combined the different components.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I thinks it's an "unwearable" definite WEARABLE! Love the variety of media!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome beads. And that gorgeous focal fits right in. I think you nailed her piece. And I would definitely wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! I'd give it a try and see if you feel comfortable wearing it. It seems quite wearable to me, but a few hours in it and time will tell! :-) Enjoy your lovely piece of art, one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely pulled that one off. I am really liking the swingy and eclectic styling of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that focal and your necklace. You created a wonderful necklace that anyone would love to wear. Well done!

    ReplyDelete