Saturday, November 23, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week 47


This week, focus on what is the 'centrepiece', the central, most important feature of your day, week, life! It makes you comfortable, gives you joy, brings you peace of mind, or simply a place of comfort.

It has always been my belief that 'everything is better with a cuppa tea'.

You are a bit under the weather? Have a tea and you will feel better.

You're feeling sad or depressed? Have a tea and the world will look a little brighter.

You need to unwind after a long, hard day? Have a tea and you will feel yourself relax with each sip.

And, for me, the whole experience is much nicer when drinking that tea from one of my colourful Fiesta teacups. This is only a sampling of the colours that I have.


While preparing for the start of the day, taking a much needed break during the course of it or chilling out before bedtime, my moments with my cuppa tea are the most comfortable.


To check out the 'centrepiece' of the other participants, click on the links below...

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember these fiesta cups!! Can I join you in a cuppa? I'm actually having a coffee with a brownie - homemade by our beautiful daughter this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fiesta china... It's so bright and cheerful! My days revolve around coffee... but I have a huge drawer full of teas to choose from when my coffee pot runs dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following the new blog, Bonnie - I really appreciate it :)
    I hope life does begin at 50 - haven't enjoyed my 40s a great deal...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, life 'changes' as we get older, not always in ways we want or envisioned. What matters is the attitude we approach each day with, how we cope in spite of the challenges.

      Delete
  4. I feel its appropriate I'm enjoying a cup of tea in some fiesta as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a cup of tea, too! It's my evening drink. And who wouldn't love those cups! Very centering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these remind me of my Grandmom's house. She had those dishes and we used them for breakfast and lunch. It was so much fun picking what color we were going to be that day. I think we should all enjoy a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are Fiesta buddies, Bonnie...I love it and collect whatever I can. I'm more of a mug girl, but your collection of teacups is just beautiful, and I agree about the tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Fiesta ware! It has always been a favorite of mine. And I am (like so many others) drinking a cup of tea right now. You hit the nail on the head for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it looks like you enjoy your tea with a bit of cream,...I love it that way. And with a bit of local honey, too (I know, I'm a bit strange!) and once again I will say that I love your Fiesta ware - so colorful, so perfect!! Tea does make everything better, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milk, actually, the reflecting light from the lamp and flash changed the appearance a bit. No honey or sugar for me. I'm sweet enough. :)

      Delete
  10. I do like an afternoon tea. I have one fiesta ware bowl. I belonged to my husband's grandma.

    ReplyDelete