Friday, December 27, 2013

Let's De-Clutter in 2014

I don’t know about you but, over the years, I have accumulated so much stuff that all my drawers and closets and storage bins are over-flowing. It is time clear out some of the items that I’m no longer using or enjoying, haven’t seen for years, and are obsolete or broken. They are simply clogging up my life and causing me undue stress.

Every week, I will choose an area to work on. Then, I will post about what I’ve found that was lost and forgotten about. I’ll tell you what I’ve done with those things and how I decided whether to keep, toss or donate the items. Moral support through this process would be much appreciated.

So that it doesn’t seem too overwhelming, I’m going to stick to one small section to go through each week. Otherwise, it could get very discouraging, very quickly. That’s what has happened to me in the past when I tried to de-clutter and organize my place.

Let me know if you would like to join me in this year long de-cluttering project. I will post links to your blogs every week too. We can keep each other motivated. *smile* Somehow, tasks like this always go smoother and easier with a friend.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Bonnie, with the decluttering. I already got rid of all the stuff I had accumulated over the years. I prefer to live with few but useful things because it's easier to organise, find, maintain and so on. I had became less attached to material things so it was an easy process for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Bonnie. I need to do something like that kinda. I don't need to get rid of anything but I do need to find storage for what I have since this house has a lack of closets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about this today Bonnie!!! My Christmas present this year is a new room to work in. it is about 11x9ish and has 2 windows. paneled walls and ceiling [it's a 70's thing?]. So I have to move everything I have in to this room. So I might just join you on this odyssey of yours and we can do it all together!!! Have a Blessed Day!!! I will post pics as soon as the rolled up carpet is gone!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Bonnie....we are decluttering as we go! We are moving in 21 days ...and we are moving to a one level 3 bedroom home...we can't wait to get out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie!!

    I just logged into my account the first time in ages and saw your post, de-cluttering is EXACTLY what I was planning to do in 2014, and it would be so great to have a "buddy" for mutual moral support. Can't promise that I will update absolutely every week, but this would be a good motivator to keep my Blogger going as well!

    Happy de-cluttering and I will look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie!
    I will de-clutter with you! My house is sorely in need of it :-D
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete