Monday, July 9, 2012

Challenging Ourselves

I'm always trying new techniques and using different materials in my creative exploration of jewelry making.  My experiment with asymmetrical design was a great learning experience, although the piece itself had some elements that I am not happy with.  Of course, we are always more critical of our own work and tend to see flaws where no one else does.


With the bead soup being sent to me by my partner, Fay, my challenge to myself this time is to create a mixed media piece that incorporates a number of different mediums and methods.  I've admired the free-form designs of other artists and have longed to emulate their work with my own personal flair.


Wanting to challenge my partner with her 'bead soup', I gathered together a mixture of beads and findings that are different than she typically uses.  Here are some teaser photos....




With everything boxed up, packaged in a bubble envelope and delivered to the local post office, I can hardly wait to see what she creates with them.



The best part of the Bead Soup Blog Hop, aside from creating a special piece with what you receive, is blog hopping to see what others have designed.  Their work is a great source of inspiration for me.  And there are SO many participants this time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment