Monday, December 31, 2012

New Design Technique – 2nd Version


For this version, I used smaller beads. The owl represents the wisdom of the ages and the beads represent the blood (red seed beads) and the bones (bone beads) of our ancestors from whence the ancient knowledge originates.


In spite of the fact that I gave myself some extra length of stringing material, I still did not have enough to create the button loop clasp I wanted to. I ended up having to connect it with a square knot. It will fit over my head for wearing though. *smile*


Close-up of Owl Pendant
I'm now looking around for other pendants to make more necklaces using this same basic design technique. I'll be keeping the above necklace for myself.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out really nicely. i can see the progression in skill from the first attempt to this one! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete