Monday, December 31, 2012

New Design Technique

I have been needing to revitalize my creative flow for some time. The time is at hand now. There are several design techniques that I have seen online or in magazines I'm subscribed to and I want to experiment with them as the old year ends and the new one begins.

The first one was inspired by a tutorial on Artisan Whimsy. Click here to see that post. You can see the similar elements below...


My Design

Original Design

I adapted the design to fit with stringing material and beads that I had at hand. I used 1 mm waxed cotton cord and random glass beads left from other projects.  I miscalculated the amount of string I required so did not have enough to complete it as I wanted to.  Overall, I'm happy with the first attempt though.


Close Up of Owl Pendant
I really like this owl pendant so will be taking this necklace apart and re-engineering it with different beads and components. I'll post it when completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment