Friday, January 27, 2017

Heart Art Challenge: Week 4

For week 4, I tried a different background technique. I used two different colours of Distress Ink pads from Tim Holtz, Shabby Shutters and Peacock Feathers. I laid some colour down on my craft mat, spritzed it with water and placed the tag on top. I did that a couple of times, drying in between each application, making sure the whole tag was covered and until I was satisfied with the look.

I've seen this technique used in lots of videos, but never tried it myself. I'm not sure it is a method I will use that often. It was another fun learning experience though. 

Next, I cut out two birds from bits of paper from my scrap box. Once I decided where I wanted them positioned, I glued down the 'mama' bird first. Using a black Sharpie marker and a ruler, I drew and coloured in her legs.

The 'baby' bird was glued down after that and his/her legs were added. The finishing touch was the various size hearts punched out of red card stock. The tag worked up quite quickly and I am very happy with the results.

Check out Bea Grob's video, Heart Art: Week 4. She used the napkin technique for her background. I may have to try that one sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey good job! I love this technique it's so cool! I have not tried the napkin technique it's cool too. I did mine this week using tissue paper technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun, trying different techniques every week. Oh, tissue paper...I will have to try that one too!

      Delete
  2. I really like the background! Which isn't to say I don't like the birdies because I do. Another successful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I guess you can tell that I'm having a lot of fun with this.

      Delete