Monday, March 6, 2017

Heart Art Challenge - Week 9

The process that I used to make this weeks' Heart Art tag is almost identical to last week. I only did a couple of things differently.


Scrap piece of foam
The first layer was book text. Then, I used a scrap piece of foam that I got at work as a stamp and covered the whole tag. I thought it would create a really cool background.

I pulled out another background stamp to add the next layer. I used music sheet to cut out the heart, gave it a red paint wash and mounted it on cardstock for dimension. I went around the edges of the tag and the heart with the black archival ink.

My Dymo label maker was utilized again for the quote. As a last minute thought, I pulled out a small acrylic heart stamp and archival ink to add the two hearts at the top and bottom.




I'm not particularly fond of the final result. It looks too dark to me. In retrospect, I should have used a red ink pad for the stamping I did with the scrap piece of foam.


Bea Grob - Week 9
 I was originally planning to do more similar tags in the upcoming weeks but have decided that I want to try something different next week. I don't have a definitive plan yet, so stay tuned to see what's coming!

To see Bea's process video for her Heart Art - Week 9 click here.

3 comments:

  1. I can see why your not happy with the end result, but its always a lesson learned if you end up not liking something you've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and learn, as they say...whoever 'they' are. I was just so excited to try out that piece of scrap foam as a stamp that I did not clearly think it through.

      Delete