Saturday, April 12, 2014

De-Clutter Project: Week 15

I'm REALLY late posting this week, but better late than never. The worst of the household crisis is behind me. The basement is finally dried out after the flood and now comes the task of putting it all back together. It has been an exhausting week.

One good thing to come out of it though. It has forced me to step up my pace and get right into the de-cluttering project. We've done one junk run to the dump so far and have enough stuff outside in bags for another couple this weekend.

This experience has been humbling, and put my shame right in front of my face where I can see it. I could not believe all the things that I've been keeping, storing, ignoring and forgetting.

So, many things will NOT be going back into the drawers and boxes. I've been brutal with the discarding of things this week. The good usable stuff has gone to the Goodwill store or Value Village and there will be more as the clean up progresses.


The big dolls are all packed away in the cedar chest for now, until the day that I have the time to enjoy them again. Some items you just have to hold onto and my dolls are one of them. *smile*

What area do you intend to tackle this week? What do you think you will find? More importantly, what will you do with it?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bonnie, it sounds like you've been having a really tough time. I'm glad the worst is over with now. I hope you get time to enjoy your beautiful dolls soon. Xxx

    ReplyDelete