Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jewelry Challenge: Haunted Vintage Jewelry

I found this 'challenge' online this week in a free weekly e-newsletter I'm subscribed to, devoted to home jewelry business success tips.  Here is the challenge...create a piece of jewelry that somehow embodies the concepts of both 'haunted' and 'vintage'.


After you finish your piece, share photos of your creation on the challenge page and tell a bit about it....

- What's the story behind this design?
- What components did you use, and what inspired you to use them?
- What was your process of creating this piece?


You can add the URL of your website, blog or online storefront at the end of your story. The challenge closes on October 23, 2011 at midnight.  It's not a contest, there is no prize given.  It simply sounds like a fun idea, don't you think?


I've been contemplating trying out some new techniques to create a piece to share.  I'm looking at using shrink plastic, which I've never done before, to make a unique pendant and creating a mixed media necklace using leather lacing, organza ribbon, beads & wire-work.  It's still very much in the planning stages and it will evolve as I go along but it's got my creative spirit in gear.

If you want to check it out the e-newsletter, click here.  For the challenge, click here.  I can't wait to see what people come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment